Services I Provide And My Approach To Counseling
The heart and soul of my approach is to help clients develop self-awareness and self-acceptance. We work together to understand what the problems are and develop new strategies for tackling them.
If you are wondering if I might be able to help you in whatever challenge you facing in your life, please don’t hesitate to Contact Me and see if coming in for a counseling session might be helpful for you.
Individual Therapy Services
I treat adult and older adolescent (age 18 and up) individuals for a variety of problems and needs.
I have expertise in anxiety and mood disorders, binge eating disorders, relationship problems, self-defeating patterns, lack of purpose, family of origin issues, OCD, panic disorder, worrying all the time, ADHD/ADD, trauma/PTSD, low self-esteem, life transitions, loss and grief, and teaching coping skills that address chronic pain and medical challenges.
Therapy can help reduce your suffering and increase the positive qualities in your life. I provide services focused on helping you get to the root of your difficulties and learn ways to become more self-aware, cope with difficult emotions, improve mood, feel connected to others, and live a more fulfilling and satisfying life.
Couples/Marriage Counseling Services
I provide couples and marital counseling services for those seeking better relationships and better communication.
I’ve successfully worked with many couples who desire a healthier and more satisfying relationship. I have experience working with couples who would like to enhance their relationship and reestablish intimacy and connection.
If you are working towards healing or improving a current marriage or other committed relationship, we’ll focus on the negative interactions that have created emotional distance and help you understand the deeper reasons for those interactions. Once understanding has improved, we can guide you towards a more positive and healthy connection. Other relationship issues will have their own unique treatment for change.
Reach out to schedule your first appointment here:
Below Are Some of the Many Treatment Areas I Can Address:
- Depression and mood disorders
- Anxiety, impulsive and compulsive disorders (OCD, trichotillomania, skin-picking)
- Binge eating disorders, emotional eating and body image issues
- Personality disorders and related issues
- Marital and couples relationships (sexual issues, communication, co-parenting, improving connection and intimacy, partners with PTSD)
- Grief, loss, traumatic bereavement, life transitions
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) coping skills
- Childhood trauma, traumatic events and/or loss, accidents, medical trauma
- Self-defeating behaviors
- Anger management and irritability concerns
- Self-esteem issues, negative self-concept
- Parenting, caretaking stress
- Phase of life issues, aging concerns
- Sexual and relationship issues for individuals
- Work, creativity and career issues
- EAP-related services
If you want to find:
- more joy,
- live with more purpose,
- and make the most of your time
… then consider stepping into the process of therapy with me.